How a Trinary Switch Works
- Prevents the compressor from operating of system charge is lost or ambient temperature is too low
- Stops compressor if head pressure increases to unsafe levels
- Automatically resets when pressure drops back to normal
- A shutter/fan override switch keeps head pressure within normal range by opening shutters or operating engine fan to increase air flow across condenser when head pressure rises above set level.
- Install trinary switch on liquid side of A/C system between condenser and expansion valve
- Compatible with R-12 and R134a systems